I am Martin, a Clinical Psychologist with over 8 years of international experience both in private and public health services and in all the in-patient, day service and community settings. Currently, I work within a British NHS Specialist Service as a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist.
My passion for cultural diversity (or similarities!) has led to my travelling to and residing in several countries prior to making the UK my home almost a decade ago. Over the years, my ever-lasting curiosity has led to me learning four languages, doing photography, becoming a teaching assistant, working in retail, writing poetry and even briefly attempting to play the piano. More importantly, I got to learn from and grow jointly with people from all walks of life.
Through my private practice I offer a safe, non-judgemental space intended to not only treat or cure specific difficulties, but to support you as a unique, fellow “wanderer” with your self-discovery processes through warm and collaborative work.
I am trained to work with adolescents, adults, psychotic illnesses, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, complex trauma; and with cultural, ethnic, religious and sexual minorities. This in addition to my highly specialist work with mild to severe anxiety and mood disorders, anger and behavioural difficulties, sexual problems, addictions, bereavement and loss, suicide risk and self-harm.
The interventions I provide are informed by cognitive-behavioural therapy, dialectical-behavioural therapy, person-centred and humanistic approaches, and psychoanalytic models. I am also trained in the supervision of colleagues and in group work and family interventions; and I am keen on attachment-based and narrative models. This knowledge-base allows me to flexibility adapt my style to your personal needs, which may, on top of verbal communication, involve playful and artistic approaches (e.g. photography, painting, drawing, using music, writing poetry).
The sessions I provide can be held in person or remotely via digital platforms and often last 50 minutes.
Please feel free to contact me if you think that I can be of any help to you or your significant others.
Reduced fees may be considered for those that self-identify as part of the following communities and groups:
Mindfulness-based stress reduction
Person-centred and humanistic models
Short and long-term interventions
Goals-based, collaborative approaches
Highly specialist assessments and consultations
Risk management and relapse prevention plans
Creative approaches (arts, crafts, photography, poetry, painting)
Remote sessions provided if needed
- Years of Experience: +8
- Main Qualification: Licence in Psychology - Overall Grade: 8 / 10 (Argentina, 2012)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis (CBTp), Post-Graduate Diploma - University College London (UK, 2020 and on-going)
- Mentalisation-Based Treatment, Basic - Anna Freud Centre (UK, 2020)
- Behavioural Family Interventions - Meriden Family Programme (UK, 2020)
- Safeguarding the Orthodox Jewish and the ROMA/Irish Traveller communities - City And Hackney Safeguarding Board (UK, 2019)
- Recruitment Training - ELFT (UK, 2019)
- Suicide and Self-Harm in Young People, Judy Dunn Conference - Association For Child And Adolescent Mental Health, ACAMH (UK, 2019)
- Hearing Voices Training - Voice Collective (UK, 2019)
- The CHALLENGE Model, Anxious and Vulnerable Children - Association For Child And Adolescent Mental Health, ACAMH (UK, 2019)
- DBT Training: both Basic and Running Skills Groups - Association For Psychological Therapies, APT (UK, 2018)
- New Supervisors Workshop, followed by both CBT Supervision and Systemic Supervision - University College London, University Of East London & Royal Holloway University Of London (UK, 2018)
- Several other courses, seminars, conferences and workshops on, amongst others, Attachment, Addictions, Hearing Voices, Suicide and Self-Harm, Sexology, School Refusal, Family Interviews and Genograms, interventions tailored to the LGBTQI+ Community, Psychosis (since 2007 to the present day)
- HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist: Clinical Psychologist & Counselling Psychologist
- General Health Psychologist - Ministry of Health of Spain
- Licensed Psychologist - Argentina
- The Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH)
- The International Attachment Network (IAN)
- The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis (ISPS)
- Faculties of ‘Children, Young People & Their Families’ and ‘Psychosis & Complex Health’ - Division of Clinical Psychology - British Psychological Society (BPS)
- I am currently working as a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist in an NHS Tier 3 Mental Health Service in East London
- International experience within all the inpatient, day service and community mental health settings
- Trained and experienced in the supervision of colleagues, either fellow psychologists or from other disciplines
- Solid skills in multi-disciplinary work, and group interventions with very diverse service users, including forensic ones
- Provision of neuro-cognitive assessments
- Trained in recruitment, short-listing and sitting in interviewing panels
- Experience in teaching at University-level after being an ad-honorem assistant and currently through specialist consultations and supervision
By David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt
For countless millennia, birds have built their nests the same way, spiders their webs, and beavers their dams.READ ARTICLE
Published by thelanguagenerds.com
People who speak more than one language are fascinating. They provide insight into the power of language and how it shapes the way we think and experience the world.READ ARTICLE
By Heather Greenwood Davis
Recent protests are sparking questions from children. Not shying away from those conversations is the first step in raising an anti-racist child.READ ARTICLE